Sunday, May 20, 2007

No new posts

Well, our blog has been kind of slow lately, so I decided to post a conversation starter:

Name your favorite candy bar...and tell what you like about it


Jason's favorite candy bar is a Snickers (that may be because we just ate one). The reason that he knows it is his favorite is because when he is standing there in the checkout line, that is what he always picks. He likes Scor Bars, but they get stuck in his teeth and he hates to eat anything that makes him feel like it is rotting his teeth. He is the only person I know that actually flosses everyday, sometimes twice. He just said, "if I always had floss, I would get a Scor!" But if he could pick anything to eat at all, it would be dill chips. YES, he would choose pickles over chocolate. No wonder he is so thin.

My favorite (this is Jess) is...really anything that has chocolate. I love butterfingers, scor bars, whoppers, snickers. Reeces Peanut Butter cups always are delicious. Dove chocolate in my favorite kind...when I eat the little bite sized ones, I let one melt in my mouth and then chew one, then melt, then chew. You can see how this can be dangerous, because when do I stop eating them? I always have to have a tall cold glass of skim milk after I have eating any kind of chocolate!

7 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I like stuff with toffee and peanut butter. So, symphany bars, scor bars, butterfinger, reesces peanut butter cups...

Mike likes butterfinger and reeses peanut butter cups

Mike and Adrianne said...

oh, I also like caramel--rolos are good (especially when I make my rolo cookies...ummm. If you want the recipe let me know).

Jess and Jason said...

Send me the recipe!!

Pitcher Family said...

Mandy likes Twix bars, because you can bite off all the caramel and chocolate and then eat the cookie. YUM!
Mike likes Wonderbars, found in Canada. They are like a creamy, chewy caramely, peanutbuttery filling covered in chocolate, also one of Mandy's favorites.
Mikayla likes hersheys kisses with stripes... not sure if she means hugs, or some of the flavored ones.
Braden says granola bars.
Tyson says "This one".
None of us are likely to turn any kind of candy down!

Pitcher Family said...

I'll take recipe too.

Mike and Adrianne said...

These are my favorite cookies. They are even good cold, although if you pop them in the microwave for five seconds to heat them back up, they are yummy too:

Mix together by hand:

Devils Food Cake Mix
2 eggs
1/3 C oil

Get a ball of dough about 1 inch wide, flatten it, put a Rolo (unwrapped, please) on it and then wrap the dough around the Rolo. It makes about 30-36.

Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350. The recipe says 8-10 minutes but it's always at least 10 for us.

Have fun and send us a dozen.

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

You could send us a dozen too, as soon as we have a mailing address. I've always claimed paydays as my favorite but will choose snickers nine times out of ten. I like nuts. Laura would choose an alfajor any day of the week over our "week" american candy.