Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer!

Today I went to the commissary. They had cherries for $1.99 per pound, so I bought some. They also had seedless watermelon for $3.46, so I bought one. They had delicious smelling, large cantaloupes for $1.99, so I bought one. They had big, red tomatoes perfect for salsa, so I bought some. I LOVE SUMMER!!! I love an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables at good prices that taste delicious. The cherries are already gone, and the watermelon has been cut into, the salsa is made and "marinating" in the fridge.

Doctrine and Covenants
89: 11 Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I agree! The commisary has strawberries but aren't as cheap as WalMart but when I go there and get them Will loves them. He hasn't always loved fruit so it is so fun to see him love them. We haven't gotten any cherries yet so I think I will follow your example and buy some. Yum.

Shannon said...

I'm surprised by how expensive it is. What's funny is yesterday we went and bought cherries, blueberries, and bananas.

Pitcher Family said...

Ours was all too much today, but we had blueberries and strawberries last week, and corn on the cob!! YUM!