Sunday, May 16, 2010

Articles of Faith Memorization Plan

Grandkids can earn $1.00 for each new Article of Faith they recite to Grandpa or Grandma word perfect. A parent must be close at hand to confirm that it is a recitation and not a reading! They can only do one new article per day, and must recite all articles previously memorized and recited before they recite the new one. Here’s how it works.
1: 1.00
1 + 2: .50 + 1.00 = 1.50
1+2+3: .50 + .50 + 1.00 = 2.00
1+2+3+4: .25 + .50 + .50 + 1.00 = 2.25
1+2+3+4+5: .25 + .25 + .50 + .50 + 1.00 = 2.50
Each additional one will add 25 cents to the previous sum, up to the 13 th. All thirteen will pay $4.50, plus a $5 bonus, and the grand total after memorizing and reciting all of them will be $43.25

We hope that this will be a great incentive for all of the Grandkids to memorize The Articles of Faith. This challenge will continue until the child's eighteenth Birthday....better hurry up Rebecca! We love you all.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Cool! You should make things like this for the parents, too :).

I remember when Grandpa Richards gave us $2 for memorizing the Lord's Prayer. Our Father which art in Heaven, Hallowed be they name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. Forgive our debts as we forgive our debtors. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, Amen.

How did I do? It looks like I missed some "ands" and a "us", I said "on" instead of "in" and I missed "for ever" at the end.

I guess that's not too bad...

Pitcher Family said...

Awesome, my kids will love this, at least the ones old enough to start now! Thanks Dad!!

Jess and Jason said...

I also remember Grandpa Richards doing this. I kept the $2 bill for years and years...I wonder what I did with it...

This will help all of us at our house to work on these.

Are any of you out there smart enough to make a chart so we can keep track on the blog? Or is that too competitive...?

Richards in Seattle said...

I must have missed out on the Lord's Prayer contest. I think this will be fun for our kids too.