Monday, January 24, 2011

Parenting stinks!!

Went to the dollar store this morning with Jake, after a frustrating trip to walmart, were he kicked and hit and screamed at me because after he ran off several times, I made him sit in the car.
Jake found a horn and started blowing it. I took it away and put it back on the shelf. I heard the cashier talking to another customer about how unsanitary it was that someone was putting germs on a toy. She came over and told me that, too. I told her that is why I had taken it away from him. She told me she should remove it from the shelf and not sell it. I told her that was her choice. She told me I was his parent... Duh! I told her if she was that concerned she shouldn't sell the dumb horn at her store. I dropped all my things on the floor, grabbed my screaming child and left the store.
Now he is in his room, not falling asleep as I had hoped. I have given up on parenting, so if anyone would like to take over for me, I would be happy to send my kids your way.
Oh, and we probably shouldn't go back to the dollar store for a while...

3 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I'm sorry Mandy. I really feel your frustration. Last week I took Eli to the library, thinking it would be a nice trip for the two of us. He disagreed and punched me all the way into the library. Then, when I put him down, he screamed at me for not holding him. And then, when I ignored him and told him he could have his little fit, he threw himself on the floor and yelled at me as I walked away, "I hate you! You a stupid mom!" Remember, we were in the QUIET library. Then he ran to the asile I was at and said, "Fine, I kick all the books off." And then he proceeded to kick all the books off the shelf. So, yeah. Parenting is frustrating. I really didn't know what to do with that situation. I took him to a corner (I wasn't going to leave because that's what he wanted) and made him sit on a bench while I held his arms tightly until he stopped. It didn't seem like a very good punishment for calling me stupid but now when he says things like that to me I wash his mouth out with soap.

I'm sorry you are having a bad time right now with Jake and sorry that the lady was so dumb. Does she have kids? because if she did, she was realize that it's not easy.

I hope it gets better. And, just to add, Eli has been much better this week so maybe Jake will be too.

Jess and Jason said...

My kids were reading that story over my shoulder and thought it was the funniest story EVER!!! Little do they remember the torture they put me through not that long ago.

I feel your pain. I promise you it does get better. Mom can take me to any store she wants and I don't ever throw a fit!

Linda G. Paulsen said...

You are heroes, you know. And think what delightful entries these stories make in your journals!