Friday, March 18, 2011

Home efficiencies

I've been reading a book called "The All New Square Foot Garden". The guy's plan seems pretty good. He was a civil engineer and an efficiency expert before he retired and took up gardening. He was surprised by how inefficient the typical methods were, that he decided to change them all. His method reduces or completely eliminates the need to plow/turn/till the soil, fertilizer, weed, and significantly reduces the amount of water you need to use. He's essentially removed the all the unnecessary steps in gardening. I'm excited to try his method when we get out to Colorado.

The book got me thinking about home efficiencies. The thing that I've been thinking about most is laundry. I don't like to do the laundry. Well, what I really don't like is to fold. I think folding is just a silly thing to do. I think that just more of my clothes will make things a lot more efficient. So, I ma going to start hanging all of my clothes except my socks and underwear. If it works well, I'll hang the boys clothes when we get to Colorado. I'll report on how it all goes.

Also, when we get to Colorado, I'll see if I can't chronicle my square foot garden so you all can see how it works.

2 comments:

Jess and Jason said...

I am thinking about trying a sqaure foot garden. My friend did one last year and was pleased with it

Jess and Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.