Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Stitches

My kids were talking about their cousin who had stitches on their eye.  They were trying to remember which cousin it was.  Will you mommies tell me about your kids and their experiences with stitches?

The only stitches we have had were on Austin when he was about 18 months old. He was running around wearing only a diaper.  I was on my hands and knees crawling around and chasing him.  He tripped and fell and hit his eye on the edge of a flower pot.  It split his eyebrow wide open.  Of course Jason had just left to go to a home teaching appointment.  I don't remember why, but we only had one car (running?) at that point.  I called mom and she came over and drove Austin and I to the hospital.  In the ER they wrapped Austin up in a blanket infant style so he couldn't move his arms or legs.  The nurses held him still while he screamed as the doctor stitched him up.  I sat in the corner and cried and cried.  It was terrible.  Austin still has a scar over his eye!

3 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

We have had two eye injuries. Well, eyebrow injuries. Isaac hit his head on the coffee table a few years ago and required surgery and Eli hit his head on the floor six weeks ago and had to have his eyebrow glued together.

Jess and Jason said...

The kids had remembered the glue incident with Eli. I will remind them about Isaac. It think they are nuts and remembering something they dreamed up!!

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

Noah slammed his eye brow into the wall corner and got stitches the Week after Nick broke his arm.