Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Advice?

So for all the moms, or anyone else that wants to answer: I have a problem. One thing that really annoys me about my boys is that they take their sippy cups all over the house and then lose them. When they want more drink I can't find their cups. I say to Will, "Go find me your sippy cup." He says, "No. I can't. You find it." That irritates me so much! I often find them in cupboards, under beds, in the backyard, etc. Sometimes I find them days later with milk still in it! The worst is when they find it before I do and drink the old cheesy milk! I have started to give Will normal cups but don't all the time. So, what should I do? Should I just start giving him normal cups or make some strict rule about leaving sippy cups on the table or they get some kind of punishment (except that Ike is still pretty little for any real punishment)? What do you do?

4 comments:

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

Something kind of mean to do would be to make them sit down and drink at the table and when their done, give you back the cup. Or you could try a kind of wrist strap so that it was dangling along with them.

Pitcher Family said...

Or you could put a beaper on it... or a clapper...
Really, we gave up on sippy cups a while ago. My kids have to be at the table or in the kitchen to have a drink. We still have spills all the time, but they are in the kitchen or the dining room. Even when we used sippies, they had to stay in the fridge, which meant every time anyone wants a drink, I have to get it, but at least they got put back in the fridge. Good Luck!!

Jess and Jason said...

We have the same problem. We own about 12 sippy cups and can never find them. I go on hunts for cups. Layla, fortunately usually just drinks lemonade in them, so they don't get nasty.
I think that we are going to stop using them. We tried before and only Ryan used them, but then we got back into letting anyone use them.
It is awful because they do spill. I think starting today we are going to have only Ryan use them, and only at bedtime (yes, I know...I don't want to hear it!)

Mike and Adrianne said...

I'm not too worried about spills--I hate them but I understand that is going to happen. Will is old enough to use a normal cup but Isaac is not. So maybe I will give Isaac a sippy cup and Will a normal cup and make them stay in the kitchen to drink. We'll see what happens.