Sunday, March 16, 2008

My peeps are gone!

I was going through our candy shelf in the kitchen a few weeks ago--we have a shelf in the kitchen where we put almost all of our candy (not the hundreds of candy bars that we keep above all the linens in the hallway) to discourage us from eating them all too much--and I found the peeps from last Easter that I had opened up and set in there to let them get stale. I was really excited when I found that they were super hard and totally brittle. I ate part of one, and put the rest back on the shelf. Today, I went to get them so I could take a picture of them and show you all my super stale peeps. I was excited because I know you all share in the same delight of stale peeps. Only, instead of my stale peeps, what did I find? New Easter candy...I was very disappointed. Adrianne said, "They were in there so long, I figured you weren't going to eat them, so I threw them away."!!! grrrr... Now I have to wait a whole 'nother year to have good peeps. Some people!

10 comments:

Pitcher Family said...

That's funny!! We don't buy peeps at our house, but I do remember that they are much better stale. I didn't realize that you could leave them quite so long though. How could anyone throw candy away???

Richards in Seattle said...

i hate to disagree, but I love super fresh peeps the best. Ralph

Jess and Jason said...

SHE THREW THEM AWAY!!!!!

That is insulting!

We don't usually buy peeps because they are so messy for the kids to eat.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Sorry, but I don't understand the peeps thing. I've never really cared for them. I know Mike does though and that he likes them stale so we kept them forever. But then he never ate them and they were so hard you couldn't even break them. Silly boy, of course I threw them away!!!!

Mike and Adrianne said...

oh, and I think he really just forgot they were up there (which is kind of the point of us having our candy up there) and now that he remembers is pretending he is sad they are gone.

Jess and Jason said...

Um...just a funny thing.
In our house we call urine peeps...hehehe...Mike's peeps are gone!

Mike said...

Hey, who changed the format?

Pitcher Family said...

I like the change!

Jess and Jason said...

Um, I changed it. I was trying to change the back ground and make it cuter...even change it to Easter for the next week, but I couldn't make it look right...but then I couldn't change it back either!

Mike and Adrianne said...

I think it looks fine. I was just wondering who changed it.

Mike