Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

Hi! How was every one's Thanksgiving? Did you get your 5000 calories for the day? What did you do?
We went over to Mike's brother's house. We had tons of food! We had 7 pies!!! For 12 people!! I have to say, with all the other good food, who really needs the turkey?? We ate, looked at ads, watched sports and played.

Did you go shopping on Black Friday? Did you get any deals? Did you see anything crazy?
I got up at 5am and went to Walmart. Cars were lined up to leave the parking lot when I got there at 5:15. There were lots of people, but I had studied the map and knew exactly what I wanted and where to go. Everything was very well marked. The lines moved pretty fast. I was there for about 45 minutes, including the waiting in line to get out of the parking lot.
Next I went to Kmart. I got what I needed, although there things were not marked as clearly and had to be searched out. I eliminated 2 things from my list. The lines there were not so great, but still didn't take to long.
After that I went home and was there as Mike was getting dressed for work, by 7am. Not bad, I say. I showered, ate breakfast and got the kids ready for the day. Later, Jake and I went out to Lowes and got a tree, then to Kohl's where we looked at the one thing I wanted, looked at the line and then left. Not worth it.
So, I discovered that people apparently can't see the lines in the parking lot that early in the morning. They also forget that even though they didn't shower before they shopped, I didn't either, they still need deodorant! I remembered, but others in line didn't. Lots of people were on their phones asking their friends/family where they were and if they had gotten their quests. Lastly, coffee seemed to be sustaining many people in the stores.
It was fun, I am pretty much done shopping, which is kind of sad. We got a new family room couch set, Merry Christmas me!
Tell me about your weekend! Oh, did anyone put up their tree yet? Ours is in the back of the van...

4 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

We had a pretty good weekend. We had thanksgiving with Adrianne's Brother's Wife's parents. On Friday we had a second thanksgiving dinner at Adrianne's sister's place. That was fun. They made fried stuffing balls. They were very good. Then on Saturday we all went to the Cheesecake factory for dinner. I had bang bang chicken and shrimp. It was pretty good--though not exactly what I was expecting. The waitress kept asking me if I was sure I liked curry and I kept reasuring her that I did. Then, when she brought it, it wasn't like any curry I had ever had--I've had a few curries, too.

It was nice to have everyone together (we were 20 all together). We left all the kids with the oldest boy (16 or 17) on Saturday, so it was fun to be with just the adults. After dinner we walked around the mall a bit. We went into Nordstroms (I think...) and were all amazed at how expensive everything was--$215 for a pair of jeans, $200 for shoes, etc. We also walked through a pottery barn store and I had the same feeling. I guess I'm not wealthy yet.

Richards in Seattle said...

We had a great thanksgiving! On Friday Steven and I got up early and went shopping. We went to Target, Best Buy, and Fred Meyer(like a super Walmart or Target but not quite so big or busy). We didn't buy anything at Bestbuy because they were too busy but got a couple of good deals at the other two stores. Later in the day we all went to the local Christmas Tree place and picked a great tree. We went home and decorated it. It isn't very fancy, but we are happy with it. We also hung lights on the front of the house.
Overall we had a great weekend!
Ralph

Jess and Jason said...

We had a good Thanksgiving. Layla was sick (fever and one episode of throwing up all over herself) so we uninvited our friends. I made a turkey for the first time ever and it was delicious! It was a quiet day, which was a wonderful change.

Friday I went to Target and Walmart and did most of our Christmas shopping. It was fun.

Pitcher Family said...

Sounds like we all had a good holiday weekend. I can hardly believe it's going to be Christmas in just 20 days! Of course the sudden FREEEEEZING weather is making it feel a bit more Christmassy!