Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Family Home Evening

Do any of you remember that I did not love to attend FHE? I am not sure when it started or why. I remember liking it in Denver when I was about 9 or 10, but that is because I remember winning prizes for something...
Anyway, I still don't really like it (the arguing, the running around during singing time, the non participation, the noise level, the complaining because "I don't like to be the lesson or the scripture, I only like to be the treat!! I never get to be the treat!", no one answering the questions because no one listened to your story in the first place...). That is a problem because I am the mom and the one who should be setting an example. But I really... I still don't love it. I do it because the prophet said we should and promised that if we do our families will be better because of it. Kind of like family scripture time. Can you imagine what my family would be like if we DIDN'T follow those to commandments???

2 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I hated Family Home Evening growing up. We rarely had treats so I didn't even have that to look forward to. It was pretty much, "open your Book of Mormon and lets read and discuss for the next hour." I hated it. But, my parents did it every single week without fail so even though I hated it, we all turned out pretty good and I have a much better knowledge of the Gospel and I have a very strong testimony of Family Home Evening. So, keep doing it! At least you can have a little fun and one day your kids will appreciate it.

Mike and Adrianne said...

turned out pretty well, I meant to say.