Sunday, September 19, 2010

Taco Chicken salad

I had this yummy lunch at a Relief Society lunch yesterday. I don't have the official recipe so I thought I could post it here and you can try it if you want. It was so good!

-cubed chicken (not alot, although I suppose that was to stretch it for our large group)
-lettuce-I'm thinking it was just iceberg, maybe even just a prepackaged cut lettuce, with the cabbage and carrots
-tortilla chips
-avocado, chunked in large pieces
-black beans
-cherry tomatoes
-dressing- a mixture of ranch and bbq sauce. I think equal parts... or to taste. This will always be a bit different depending on your brand and flavor.

It was all just tossed together and served in a pile on the plate. It didn't look to good, but tasted so yummy. Oh, and I'd say heavy on the sauce.
They served it with rolls and cinnamon butter. Also yummy.
I might add black olives if I ever make it.

For dessert we had Klondike bars. They served them on a plate of strawberry sauce, covered with whipped cream and sliced strawberries, very elegant.

Just wanted to share with my family whom I know also love to try good foods. Let us know if you try it and what you think or what you changed.

We also got a small treasure box full of chocolates and a ring pop. I would recommend that as well... you know, chocolate!!!

3 comments:

Jess and Jason said...

I don't know how I feel about bbq sauce and ranch dressing. In fact that sounds gross...but if you promise that it is not disgusting, I will try it sometime, maybe even tomorrow. And olives sounds good too. What about a little bit of yellow corn too?

Pitcher Family said...

We do not mix corn into things!!

Pitcher Family said...

We tried this combo of ranch and bbq and used it for our fish sticks. It's yummy!