Sunday, August 05, 2007

47th CSH

This last week, Laura and I had an interesting experience with news and perspective. For the last month I'd been working in the hospital on base and had no contact with the people in my unit, the 47th csh. On my first day back to the 47th, I found out that we are scheduled to deploy in March, 2009. I was very happy. I called Laura and told her that I had great news. When she found out, she was very sad. For several months, I had been steeling myself to accept the fact that I'll probably serve a tour in Iraq, and I had expected to go as soon as March 2008 but no later than June '08. Laura, on the other hand, was still very hopefull that I wouldn't have to go at all. Of course, with the way everyone I hear talking around here knows what's what politicaly, we might not end up going at all, or we might just be able to turn around and come right back. If I get any more news I'll be sure to let you all know.

3 comments:

Jess and Jason said...

I am with you, Andy, you know it is going to happen, at least this way it is far away! We will pray that things resolve before it is your turn to go!

Mike and Adrianne said...

I am sad for Laura. I hate when Mike leaves. I also understand why she is sad about you leaving. It doesn't matter if you leave in '08 or '09. Either way, she doesn't want you to leave.

With that said, I'm glad you won't be leaving for awhile still. Like you said, maybe you won't have to go at all!

Pitcher Family said...

I say look on the bright side. Lots can happen between now and then! I am glad you are not going now!