Tuesday, August 14, 2007

FYI...

I think I have told some of you about this, but if not, listen up. You can sign up for a yahoo group called www.freecycle.org. On there you can offer up things you do not want, and also recieve things from others and also ask for things. It's all free. It's nice because when you clean out a room or closet and have a bag or box of stuff, you can go to your computer and offer the stuff up and someone will email you and say they want it. Then they come to your house and pick it up. You don't have to just throw it in the garage and hope you'll get to a thrift store soon. You can also choose to get emails of offers and get other peoples things. You can ask for things as well.
We have given up bags of clothes, toys, furniture that we did not need any more. I have been given a cake stand, toys, maternity clothes, baby clothes and craft items. I also put up a request for a bassinet and was given one within the same day! It's great!
I just thought some of you might be interested. For me, it's kind of entertainment to see if anything fun is going to be offerd in my inbox each day. Give it a try if it sounds interesting to you. Let me know if you get/give anything fun!

4 comments:

Jess and Jason said...

We have tried it before and it is fun! You should have one specifically for your area. Ours is our county. I got a pair of brand new Gap pants...for FREE!!!

Mike and Adrianne said...

We have looked but never tried it. I am embarrassed to ever ask for something.

Pitcher Family said...

People ask for things all the time. If I am asking for something, I always offer something up first.

Richards in Seattle said...

I've looked here before, but had much more luck with craigslist.org. It has a stuff for free as well as wanted areas but also free classified type ads. We've gotten a lot of stuff for Sarah there and gotten rid of some things we didn't need. It can be very addictive just looking at all of the stuff. Have fun!!!