Friday, December 14, 2007

Alone for a night..

First let me say that I am in awe and admire those of you who deal with having spouses gone for long periods of time. I know I have nothing to complain about, especially with Mike in Guam forever and Adrianne facing weather and power troubles. I am not alone for over a month like Andy and Laura, either. And then there are Mom and Dad who are away from each other all the time. I guess what I am saying is I am a big wimp! Mike had to go to Fargo last night, 3 hours away, so he could be to a meeting this morning. I heard on the radio that the highway into Fargo had several roll overs, cars sliding off the roads, and 60 mph gusts of winds yesterday morning. So I was a bit worried with him leaving at 7pm last night. He will be home this evening.
I don't know how many of you know, but our down stairs neighbor hates us, really hates us. She has sent another note telling us that we are breaking her lease, disturbing the peace, bad parents, etc. She documents what time the kids wake her up each day. She has threated to go the landlord, which she did, and also to the police. Anyway, having said that, I am also worried about keeping the kids quiet. For some reason it seems easier to do when Mike is here with me to do battle.
So last night, with Mike gone, I didn't sleep well, which I have heard most wives don't when alone. At 4 am Tyson woke up, which is very unusual. The three big kids usually sleep all night long and wake up around 7am. So, since I was worried about this nasty neighbor, I brought Tyson into my bed, since the nasty girl lives directly under his room, not mine. Big mistake! He snores like a bear and thrashes around all night. Also, Jacob was in the room with us. When I had to feed Jacob, Tyson became wide awake and kept trying to talk to Jacob, disturbing him from eating. It was an early morning and we all need naps, although I am not likely to get one.
We are all fine, Mike will be home tonight, we have power and food, and I shouldn't be complaining. Mike will be back in Fargo next week for several days. I am not looking forward to that. I really feel for those of you who are separated from your spouses for long periods of time. You are amazing!! Although, the idea of being separated from the kids for a night or two sounds nice!!

2 comments:

Jess and Jason said...

I think anyone who has to deal without help for any length of time realizes how lucky they are to have a partner. Does that make sense?

Good luck Mandy, Mike, Adrianne, Andy, and Laura!

Mike and Adrianne said...

I would be worried if Mike (my Mike) were in that weather too! I'm sorry he had to leave you. It doesn't matter how short or long Mike leaves I always hate it and I feel bad for you.