Monday, September 08, 2008

FREE!!!



This morning there was an ad from a yard sale. They had all this stuff left over from their yard sale and were giving it away free. My sister in law and I went and spent about an hour going through all the stuff. This is the junk I came home with. There is a mirror, some clothes, a printer ink, cookbooks, candles, candlesticks, laundry detergent, shoes, a tray, knick nacks,
a fleece blankie, fat curling iron, etc. It was soooo fun! I wouldn't have bought this stuff, but since it was free...!!! My sister in law Laura got a bunch of stuff, too. She got some roller blades, books and a bunch of more stuff. I think people should give me stuff free more often!!

4 comments:

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

We had a different experience last night. We where going to return some movies, and saw a bunch of boxes sitting outside the gate enclosed garbage dumpster. There was a nice looking plastic storage container on top, and I thought we could use it. I took it off, and noticed that the boxes where full... So I opened a box up, and it was full of little girl cloths that still had tags on them. We riffled through all the boxes and hauled away a nice assortment of toys, clothes, and children books. When Yanina gets back with our camera, we'll take some pictures.
Does that make us dumpster divers?

Jess and Jason said...

That is pretty sweet Mandy!

And that is amazing Andy!

I wish that I could get some cool free stuff!

Jess and Jason said...

Hey, how did you haul all this stuff away? Did you feel weird? Where other people there too? Did you want to fight anyone to get good stuff? Was the lady getting rid of it all standing there watching you?

I guess I am fascinated by this idea.

Pitcher Family said...

Andy, that is awesome!! Too bad you don't need baby girl clothes... or do you???
Jess, we just loaded it up in the back of the van, and the front of the van. The lady was not there, there was no fighting. I think 2 other guys came while we were there, they each took some stuff. One guy took a microwave, the other guy took a lantern of some kind, he told us he collected them.