Monday, September 15, 2008

New FamilySearch Take Two

Well, I got access to the new FamilySearch on Wednesday and have probably spent 10 or so hours on it since. I am really enjoying messing with it. So far, I've completed the training for family history consultants/priesthood leaders and have spent most of the rest of my time going through and combining duplicate records of a number of our ancestors. In fact, almost every one of them has had at least 2 records. It has been very interesting to me. I think Aunt Shauna is also working on things--there was a piece of information that she changed.

I haven't actually tried to find anyone new. I've added a few pieces of information from Grandpa Paulsen's records (the ones I stole from Mandy). I am just starting to go through the records he has and compare them with the information on line. Most of the people I'm updating have already had their temple work done, but it seems like there have been a few sets of siblings that are awaiting their work--I don't know for sure because I haven't tried to combine their records. You see, almost every time I've found someone who needs their temple work done, I find a duplicate (or a few duplicates) that already have their temple work done.

In any case, if your temple district is using the new FamilySearch, I invite you to register and take a look around.

Mike

2 comments:

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

On Sunday, there was an insert to our ward's bulletin about family search. Aside from your previous blog it was the first I'd seen of it. It will be neat to get on and watch you do all of our family history work for us:) Laura and I have talked quite a bit about her family history. As far as we know, none of her ancestors has had their work done. This will give us a great tool to start that.

Jess and Jason said...

that is pretty neat. how do you get access to it?