Wednesday, September 03, 2008

New Post

Everyday I check this blog to see if something new is here... like many of you, but there isn't. I've finally come up with something to post.

Rummage Sales!!

Also known as yard sales and garage sales.
Most weekends through out the summer in any town.

You may not know this, but I am addicted to yard sales. I hate to miss them, what if they have just what I need at an incredible price?? Here there are sales from Wednesday to Saturday, and sometimes Sunday, too. I can usually get in at least one a day and fill my obsession. Today I got a book for 50 cents for Jacob.
I've found some good things this season. We got a lawn mower, a rake, decoration for Jacob's room, clothes, and other stuff I can't remember. Oh, lamps, little people farm...
I've also seen some really weird stuff for sale:
empty bear honey bottles
empty gatorade bottles

This is Powwow weekend in Bismarck. It is the big weekend for sales because lots of people come into town. I will try to hit at least a few a day for the next few days. I will let you know how it goes.

Have you been "saling" thing summer? What have you found? What weird things have you seen?

6 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

When I was in Maryland with you mom a couple years ago we found lingerie at a garage sale...gross!

Richards in Seattle said...

I have seen some strange things also. I also like to go to yard/garage sales. Last weekend I got a jogging stroller for $3.00! I also got a slide, little tikes basketball hoop, book, little tikes picnic table, plus a couple of other things for $7.00! I like to try to hit a few at the end of the day to get all of the "get rid" of deals. We are having a sale this weekend.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Mike wrote my comment and he was a little wrong (not that it really matters). It was this summer when we were looking for a suitcase for Ralph that we saw lingerie. But yes, gross.

Jess and Jason said...

I haven't been yard saling in years. I think we just have so much junk, we don't need to look at other peoples.

I used to save up my one dollar bills for the entire week. Everytime I bought something I would use a $20 bill and get change. By the time Saturday came, I would have $50 worth of 1's and 5's. It sure was fun.

We have tons of stuff from yard sales. It is fun to look and think, who would have bought that in the first place?

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

At garage sales over the last year and a half, we've bought an entertainment center, a couch, old Disney VHS movies, children's clothing, clothes for Laura, TONS of 25-50 cent toys for Nick, children's books, a bassinet for Noah, a bread maker, a waffle iron and other random nick knacks.
Laura says the weirdest thing we saw was a lady who was selling her bras that would have fit two water melons.

Pitcher Family said...

oh my! I am always surprised to see any kind of lingerie. Well, this was the big weekend here in Bismarck. On the online classifieds, there were 446 yard sales listed and in the paper there were 235!!! Can you believe it? We got a few things but not alot. We got a weed wacker, a cool micro hotwheels set that Braden loves (I am hoping to find more of these on ebay or something for Christmas), a shovel, Noah's ark switch plate for Jacobs room and a booster seat. Also a Lightning Mcqueen clothes set for Tyson, a shirt and pants for Braden and a little beanie baby cheetah for Mikayla. Ralph and Laura: How did your sale go???