Sunday, October 05, 2008

SOMETHING COMPLETED - FINALLY!



We enjoyed watching general conference yesterday and today, and our testimonies have been strengthened through the talks we heard from the general authorities and other church leaders. We were glad to hear about new temples in Rome and Philadelphia, both of which we hope to visit :-).


Friday and Saturday (before and in between sessions) Dad cut and glued the capstones for the planters in front of the house. He started building them last summer, and feels great satisfaction at finally completing them. Still lots more capstones to do on the "great wall," in the back yard, but he continues to move forward.

7 comments:

Pitcher Family said...

It looks wonderful! I knew you could do it!!
I'm also impressed that you posted it for all of us to see!
Way to go!

Jess and Jason said...

YEAH!! Now you won't be the talk of the neighborhood. "Those crazy Richards' who never finish anything!!"

Looks great!

Mike and Adrianne said...

Mike said, "Mom and dad posted?!" We love it. It looks great. Good job!

Richards in Seattle said...

I'm more impressed that you posted on the blog than with your wall, but the wall does look great. Did you buy a big saw or rent one?

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

Did you catch the news of a new temple in Cordoba Argentina? That will be a closer temple to my in-laws. Laura was very excited about that news. She asked me how long they usually take from announcment to completion, and I don't have an idea. Anybody esle?
Your wall looks alsmost as good as the one behind your shed. Congratulations.

Dad and Mom said...

I used my table saw with the diamond blade - decided the big round round saw I could rent was to big for me to cut precisely.

Mom is answering Andy's question about temples.

Dad and Mom said...

I'm not sure how long it takes to build a temple, but for interest sake I looked up the Draper Utah Temple. It was announced in April of 2004 and the dedication is scheduled for March 2009.

Mom