Monday, June 01, 2009

A fine post from Adrianne (title by Mike)

This is Isaac's first drawing of a person. I just love it.
Isaac drew lines for Mike.

Will was very excited about his picture. He said, "Look Mom! I can draw fingers!" So cute.


Their flowers. Will's is red and Isaac's is blue.








My sister recently posted something on my family blog about how her husband always answers "fine" to questions. I totally know what she is talking about. Actually, we recently (Mike and I that is) just got in a little tiff about that very thing. When I ask him if my hair is nice, he is supposed to say, "It's beautiful" not, "it's fine." You get the gist of it. Anyway, today we made little pictures. We aren't painting in this house because we won't really be here long enough so I wanted to paint a mural but haven't quite made up my mind so I painted a little dinosaur painting and will paint another dinosaur. Then I will probably do a mural of a plane in Eli's room. The boys made flowers because Will wants to plant something and so we had a follow on FHE tonight about The Creation and then went and bought plants. They also drew pictures. Above is our artwork. The boys were very excited to show Mike. Isaac said, "Daddy will say it's so beautiful." and then Will responded, "Daddy doesn't say, "it's so beautiful. Only Mommy says that." So when Mike got home I showed him my dinosaur and he said it looked "great." I said "does it look fantastic?" And he said, "No. It's a picture of a dinosaur that is supposed to look like a cartoon." What?! Doesn't he know he's supposed to say, "It looks freaking fantastic." At least he told the truth and didn't give me a non-answer like "fine." And, to his credit, when the boys showed him their artwork he said, "Oh, it looks so pretty." Way to prove Will wrong.

6 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

Oh, I hope you all know that I'm not trying to get Mike in trouble. He read this before I posted it and approved it's contents.

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

When I tell Laura that she's beautiful, she says "you just say that because you're married to me."

Mike and Adrianne said...

You poor boys. You can't ever win. Laura IS beatiful and you are a good husband for telling her that.

Pitcher Family said...

I think your dinosaur looks freaking fantastic!!!

Jess and Jason said...

I think you dinosaur is amazing! Maybe if Mike saw dinosaurs that the rest of us painted, he would then understand how good yours really is! Men are just different than we are!

Linda G. Paulsen said...

Take it from an artist-auntie, your dinosaur is terrific! And so are the boy's flowers. And kudos to any hubby/daddy who responds with positive affections to his family--even if his vocabulary tends to be limited.