Monday, June 29, 2009

Mike's chewing habits

Tonight we had Fajitas. I ate 5.3 ounces of fajita stuff (meat, peppers, onions), one tortilla and some sauteed zucchini and mushrooms. All of this equalled 310 calories. That makes 1000 calories exactly for me today.

The boys and Mike also had Fajitas. Will made a comment that his food wasn't going down his throat very well and it hurt. I told him he needed to follow Mike's example and chew his food more. So we decided to count how many times Mike chewed one piece of meat: 79 times!!

That is why he is skinny and I am not.

3 comments:

Pitcher Family said...

How can you live on 1000 calories a day???? I think you better go another fajita. Chew it as long as you think necessary.

Jess and Jason said...

I don't know how you eat so little either! But I am proud of you!!

I can't believe that Mike chews that much...what is really funny: I can totally picture him chewing that meat. I must have watched him chew multiple times over the years.

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

Mike always was the last person to get up from the table. I imagine that he still is.