Sunday, August 16, 2009

Let's talk about... FOOD!!

I thought the mention of food might get your attention! Did it work? I would like to start a project of putting together a family cookbook. What I mean by this is a collection of favorite recipes we had while growing up. Things that Mom made for us. Then, Mom, if you could help to tell us if they were family recipes and also help to name recipes that we might not have thought of and ones passed down from both our grandmas. If you all help me collect them, I think we could get a nice little booklet out of it. It would be fun if anyone had a memory to go with it, or wanted to say it was a favorite and if they make it in their own homes, etc.
Does that all make sense? You could leave comments here or email me any suggestions you have.
Thanks in advance, I know you will help out when it comes to thinking about food.
By the way, Mom, this project would fall under a YW value project if you would like to work on it with me....

6 comments:

Dad and Mom said...

This sounds like a fun idea. My memory is pretty bad, but if you kids come up with the foods that you remember I can come up with the recipes. Mandy, you are determined to make me work on personal progress aren't you?

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

Mexican meat mix chimichangas, Yummy potatoes, BBQ ribs(or just hunks of beef), chicken mexican caserole, potatoe salad, chili rellenos, mini cheese cakes, carrot cake(particularly the yummy frosting mom put on the easter cake), Cranberry bread, and mississippi mud pie are all my favorite growing up foods, I think. I'll probably remember more later. You're right Mandy, you definately got my attention.
Oh yeah, the chicken caserole that had poppy seeds in it, and dads rice puding. And Turkey neck soup with dumplings. Ok, I'm really done for now.

Jess and Jason said...

mmmmm....food!
I will have to think about this in a day or two after I am done working so much!

Mike and Adrianne said...

Jess made a little file box of Mike's recipes for a gift for him one year so he has most of these recipes Andy listed.

Richards in Seattle said...

Does anyone remember 2nd lieutenant casserole besides me? Not sure it was a favorite, but I always liked the name. Do you stil make it mom? Or is it now Full Bird casserole?

Pitcher Family said...

Mike and Jess, can you tell us the ones in the box you made/have? Ralph, I am sure you have more favorites than that. Keep thinking everyone. Dad can certainly add, too. Thanks guys! Feel free to keep adding. I will be working on it for quite a while as I have a few minutes here and there.