Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Projects

I am so enjoying the sharing that has been going on lately on the blog. Here is another discussion suggestion for you all:
What projects are you working on, planning to work on in the near future?

I have several.
~I want to make nativity costumes. As I mentioned before, buying them is crazy expensive. I bought a pattern for $1 at a JoAnn's sale last week. I may not follow it exactly, but it will give me a good reference.
~I want to make robes for my kids for Christmas. I thought, I could skip the costumes and just make robes and use them for both, but that didn't cross my mind until after buying both patterns. Plus, I want to use bland fabric for the nativity and fun fabric for the robes. I actually bought a robe for Mikayla last week, so I wont make her one, but Braden for sure and then we'll see how it goes after that.
~I am going to consolidate my recipe books. Thanks Adrienne for the suggestion.
~I have been organizing/cleaning out clothes and toys. I took several things to several places. I took a few of my things to a consignment shop and got $9 in my last drop off. I still have one item waiting to be sold. I took a bunch of stuff to Once Upon a child. They bought a bit less than half and gave me $11. I took a ton of stuff to a twice yearly children's consignment sale. I sold $126. With all that is left I have given some away, have boxes for the thrift store and will save some for the spring consignment sale. I'd like to go through the toy room one more time before I take a thrift shop run.
~A constant project for me is menus. I must have menus for each week for dinners. I need to know what we are having each night and that I have all that I need to make it.
~I'd like to make our home more inviting, so any suggestions for this project would be appreciated. How do you make your home inviting, warm and confortable?
~I've been working on my master Christmas list, so I know what needs to be done in the next two months for the holidays.
~I'm working on food storage, trying to get it all and organize and use it. Mostly I enjoy the buying and the organizing. Fun stuff!
~Finally, Mikayla would like a slumber party for her birthday next month. I've been thinking about this alot. Mike is not really sure he wants to have a slumber party for 9 year old girls at our house. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, I am not working on all of these right this second, but a little here and there over the next two months. What about you??

5 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

I don't have very many projects going on.... I have been making candy recently and would like to try all different kinds. I made peanutbutter fudge on sunday and will try to make something different this coming week. Like I said, I'm working on my book and saving money to put into real estate. Since we're living in a rented house, I'm not inclined to do much here.

I should be converting Adrianne's recipes to word documents, but I haven't been doing much of that. I should also be organizing the garage, but that also hasn't happened.

I think that's it, though.

Mike

Mike and Adrianne said...

I have had a lot of projects until this month. This month has been crazy and I can't wait for it to be over. I hope the next month can be a bit more relaxed. We have been averaging two people a week at our house for dinner (someone from work, missionaries, a couple, etc.). I'm tired of cooking for people and I'm tired have having to have my house spotless for visits.

Anyway, I have a few projects that need to be caught up or done. I need to finish our blog book. It's been done for months but I just can't seem to buckle down and get it edited.

I need to finish my cooking binder with Mike's help.

I need to get some shelves up in my room and finish decorating it.

I need to get caught up with scrapbooks. I am not a huge scrapbooker but I would like to have pictures of the first year and then only for big events (birthdays, holidays, nursery, etc.). Eli is 18 months and I haven't done a single page for him and Isaac only has a few. Maybe I should give up.

I'm also taking cake decorating classes.

I am in charge of a table for enrichment (no longer called that) that has be sell frugal living. They are having a mall theme and there are booths that are supposed to sell stuff. I want to have a blank table and say "If you want to be frugal, stop buying things." But, that isn't what they have in mind so I'm just comparing prices of things. Things you can get on Ebay, garage sales, etc. compared to the mall and stuff.

That's it.

Adrianne

Jess and Jason said...

Adrianne! You always make me laugh...first you make me feel inadequate because you are so amazing, and then you make me laugh. I can't wait to see you all at Christmas!

We have SO many projects around the house. In fact a week or so ago we walked around our house and wrote down every single thing that needed to be finished. Trim around the window in the back room, baseboards in the back room, spackle and paint where Austin ripped the towel rack off the wall, quarter round around the sliding glass door, hand rail for basement steps, fan for back room, closet door for back room....seriously, the list goes on and on, and that was only in the basement.

I need to pick a color and paint my bathroom. Then I need to pick new towels and floor mats. That is an exciting project if I could just decide what colors I want.

We have been talking about moving our closet...that is a huge and fun project.

I have school. That keeps me busy.

I am working towards my clinical ladder at work, which will mean a little extra money...that is keeping me pretty busy too.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Jess,

You make ME laugh! You should not ever feel inadequate because of me. I read that and laughed. But, I appreciate it nonetheless. It's nice to hear that someone thinks I'm cool.

Oh, and I don't think I'm very funny. Funny? No. Sarcastic? Yes!

Pitcher Family said...

Just an update: I threw out all my food and family magazines!! I've been saving them for the last 5 years or so. I use them to plan my menus, but I just had too many. I went through and ripped out all the recipes that we love and put them in a binder. I threw out around 6 inches worth of paper mess and replaced it with a 1" binder. It was great!! I just received my last Food and Family magazine. So, I will never have that stack up again.

I haven't done much for my other projects yet. However, if you shop at Walmart, you might want to check out the following: Campbells cream of mushroom and cream of chicken are only 58cents right now. That is great price! I bought a case of each for my food storage. Also, hunts tomato sauce is 20cents a can, BC cake mixes 78cents, stove top and scalloped potatoes 78cents. I added all of these to my food storage and will stocking up on flour, sugar, baking stuff throughout the next two months. I guess that is working on my food storage.