Thursday, October 08, 2009

Recipes revisited

Hi all~

I have been working on my cookbook project. Here are the recipes I have so far. If this gives you more ideas, please let me know and I will add them. These are all the ones I have from mom.
Thanks!

Carrot Cake
Poppy Seed Cake
Pie Crust Mix
Cardamom Bars
Chocolate Revel Bars
Chocolate Chip Cake
Gay Chess Tarts
Mini Cheese cakes
Frago Mint Dessert
Mississippi Mud Cake
Sweet Potato Souffle
English Toffee
Cranberry Bread
Yummy Potatoes
Fantasy Fudge
Brownies
Caramel Toffee Bars
Mexican Meat Mix
Guacamole
Chinese Chicken Salad
Potato Salad
Hot Chicken Salad
Mexican Chicken Casserole
Poppy Seed Chicken
Chicken Divine
Breakfast Casserole
Chile Rellenos
Cha Cha's White Chicken Chili
Zucchini Jack Casserole
Stuffed Pizza
BBQ spare/short ribs
Frog Eye Salad
Artichoke Heart Dip
Institute Rolls

9 comments:

Mike said...

That looks like a pretty good list. How are you making/formatting/arranging the book? I have a cool program for making recipes/cookbooks. It will take your ingredients and give you serving size and nutrional info along with the recipe. You can download a free trial for 30 days if you are interested in trying it...I guess my thirty days are up and I haven't paid for it yet, so I really don't have it. But, I'm considering buying it because I like it a lot. It will make your grocery list for you based on the meal plan you put into the built in calendar. It's pretty nice...

Uh...if I think of other recipes to include, I'll let you know.

Oh, what about Chili Rellano Casserole? and rings?

Pitcher Family said...

I got the casserole, what are rings? I also forgot to put on chicken rolls, muffin mix (I need this from mom) and rice pudding(I need this from dad.

I haven't figured out how to format it yet, so I would love to look at the program you have/had. Thanks!

Jess and Jason said...

Chicken Rolls! Reading that list is making me hungry!
Do you have mom's roll recipe?
You know what I remember eating as kids...a cream of mushroom soup, ground beef bread thing...like there was bread with meat inside and then you cut it and put soup on it...am I imagining that?

Jess and Jason said...

Do you remember the cheese soup with cheese whiz? With carrots in it and mom would freeze half of it...

Pitcher Family said...

I know the one you mean. I will try and write it out. I don't have a recipe.

Pitcher Family said...

Mom, can you find the cheese soup recipe??

Mike said...

The name of the program is living cook book. http://www.livingcookbook.com/ You can get the 30 day trial here. They've also got help on the site for how to use it. Maybe mom didn't make the rings--though I think I we had them a couple times. There' pop crescant (sp?)s laid out in a ring with stuff inside and then baked...mmmm.

Mike said...

Adrianne says you can also make a recipe blurb book. www.blurb.com

Mike and Adrianne said...

We also like the lemon bars