Sunday, February 07, 2010

Challenge Mom's Kitchen: Cheese


I've created a new game to play--if any of you ever want to play it. It's called, "Challenge Mom's Kitchen." The way the game works is you select some food item in your house that you think you have more of than mom (or, if you just want to force mom to see how much of it she has :) ). Today's challenge, cheese. We have 12 different kinds of cheese (one is a strawberry cream cheese apple dip, so technically it probably doesn't count, but I'm listing it because I'm sure mom has lots of cheeses I don't). From the left, around the top and back we have: Blue cheese, 2 kinds of Swiss, cottage cheese, brown cheese, 2 kinds of cheddar, 2 kinds of cream cheese, Parmesan, mozzarella and another cheddar. Common cheeses that are missing from our fridge today are Monterrey jack, shredded parmesan, and feta. Adrianne pointed out that this might be why we feel like we need to lose weight.
What's your cheese arsenal like? Feel free to post pictures! This is a great way to go through your fridge.

6 comments:

Jess and Jason said...

I don't know if you all know that mom is stuck in California...so it may be awhile before she responds to your challenge. We have had about 30inches of snow this weekend, so her flight had to be changed.

We don't have that much cheese in our house. We have three different kinds of cream cheese (or at least we did before breakfast, now we are down to two). I keep shredded cheddar, sharp and mild in my freezer, along with shredded mozzarella. And chunks of cheddar and Monterrey jack and also pepper jack in my freezer. I don't think I have any Parmesan in my fridge, but I do believe that I have shredded Parmesan in the freezer...Apparently I like frozen cheese!!

Mike said...

I talked with Mom yesterday--she said she hopes to come home today. We don't have any cheese in our freezer--there's no need to freeze it--we eat it all before it can go bad!

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

I have no cheese. This makes me sad. I will probably buy some tomorrow though.

Pitcher Family said...

Wow, Mike, I think you have the most variety! Cheese has been on a good sale lately, for superbowl parties, so we have lots...
Bottle parmesan
2 flavors spreadable cream cheese
1/2 lb swiss
1 lb mozarella
1 1/2 lb colby jack
4 1/2 boxes cream cheese
1 lb monterey jack
2 lbs medium cheddar
Freezer:
5 lbs shredded mozarella
1 lb shredded mild cheddar
1 lb shredded mexican mix
1 lb shredded colby jack

I guess you could say we all come from cheese loving famililies!!

Pitcher Family said...

Um, do you notice I have about 17 lbs of cheese... does that seem weird to anyone??

Mike said...

Mandy, you 2 babies worth of cheese...