Sunday, October 17, 2010

Harbour Pointe Church Building Arson

Do you remember this building? This is the building that Ralph and I got married in and the Richards' family went to church in when they lived in Mukilteo, Washington. Saturday morning an arsonist set a fire to the building and it is a total loss. If you want to read more I have attatched the web site of the local newspaper so you can read it if you would like.

www.heraldnet.com/article/20101016/news01/710169856/1122

If this page does not work, you can go to the Everett Herald, Washington on Google and it should take you there. Or I can try to send you the page in e-mail form.


www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39699708 (this is another web page you can look at.)

3 comments:

Jess and Jason said...

Mom told me about this on the phone yesterday. It is very sad. I remember that building very well. It was built while we were there. It was near my elementary school that was also built while we lived there. Crazy to think that it was almost 20 years ago. Sad to realize that someone would burn down a church house.

Mike said...

That's pretty crazy. I don't really remember that building at all. I tried to think really hard about it, but nothing came to mind. In fact, I don't remember much about Washington. Well, that's not true. There are lots of things I do remember, but when I think of how long we lived there, I have very few memories. Do you all remember that cool ...thing we had. It was like a giant spool covered in carpet. What was that and where did we get it?

Jess and Jason said...

We had a couple of them. I think they were spools covered in carpet. We used them as seats and played with them. Do you remember the club house we built in the back corner where the wood was stored? Do you remember when we cut down the trees and the firemen came...I do. Do you remember riding our bikes through the woods to get to 7-11 and across the street was Dairy Queen?