Thursday, October 07, 2010

Thank you!

My sister Lindsey flew into the States from Germany last night--at midnight. And guess who picked her and her husband and children up? Mom. I called this morning to see if they had gotten in (I thought their plane was coming in at 10:30, which is still late to be driving to Baltimore to pick up strangers) and my sister answered the phone. She said, "You have the best in-laws in the world. Seriously." As if I didn't already know that.


I do have the best in-laws. I hear horror stories from people about their in-laws and I just shake my head. That really happens? People really treat each other that way? Mom's really don't just opens their arms to their sons wives? Daughters don't just try and fit in and adjust to their husband's family?

I am very grateful to be a part of this family and I'm very happy to have the in-laws I have.

When I was talking to my sister I said, "Carol must be a walking zombie today" and Isaac overheard me and started laughing. When I hung up he said, "Grandma's a walking zombie? That's so cool!" And then he and Eli walked around being zombies, "I'm a walking zombie...I'm going to eat you...I want to be a skeleton forever...." So, Grandma, if you are in fact a walking zombie today, I'm sorry because I know that means you had to wake up and go pick my sister up. But, thank you! (and just know that the boys think that's awesome!)

1 comment:

Jess and Jason said...

Did you all know that whenever mom makes potato salad and we are coming over for dinner she makes it all up first and then takes a large serving out before she puts the hard boiled eggs in? This is because Jason doesn't like hard boiled eggs. I don't even do this for him. She really is amazing!

Thanks Adrianne for reminding us of this. We are glad to have you in our family. I hope that you start feeling better soon!