Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sleeping Arrangements

Our basement is all but complete. I was able to get the extra carpet that we had in the basement before and combine it with the left over carpet from our installation and cover the majority of the storage room with both pad and carpet. It looks pretty good and feels just as nice as the new carpet in the rest of the basement. That leaves our house with the following sleeping options:

2 unoccupied upstairs bedrooms (one with a crib)
1 smallish-basement bedroom with a queen-size bed in it
1 good sized play room in the basement
1 big (and nicely carpeted) storage room in the basement

I envisioned something like this: Mandy and her family upstairs between the two rooms, Jessica's and Andy's families in the basement between the bedroom and the play/storage rooms.

We also have our neighbor next door who has a guest room that Mom and Dad could sleep in if they don't want to be in the hotel the whole time. And, we have all the main floor couches/floor space for Ralph's kids if the want to come without there parents, or if Ralph and family can come, we have a neighbor down the street has an empty finished basement that they could occupy.

For bedding we have an extra queen size bed, 2 blow up queen sized mattresses and 1 blow up queen size that belongs to Andy (he accidentally left it here...). We've also got 4 sleeping bags. We can borrow other blow up mattresses as need, too.

Those are my thoughts...

6 comments:

Pitcher Family said...

Awesome Mike! Thanks for housing us all! Now we just need some permanent dates and we can start planning food and fun!

Pitcher Family said...

And thanks to Adrianne, too, I mean your whole family when I say "Mike"!

Jess and Jason said...

That sounds awesome!! I can't wait to share one bedroom, a play room, and a storage room with my whole family and Andy's whole family!! Actually, I really can't wait! It will be so fun!

I have been looking at flying to Colorado Wednesday June 27th and flying home Wednesday July 4th. But just today it occurred to me that Jason and/or I may have to work the 4th. I will look into that and find out for sure.

Mike said...

We actually don't care who sleeps where...we were just throwing out suggestions! I (this is Adrianne not Mike) started putting a list together of activities we could do. Do you want me to email them to everyone? I just thought if we have things planned it will be better then if we all just sit around my house all day. And of course I recognize that some down time and just sitting around is good and welcome. Oh, and the activities are just suggestions. I just wasn't sure what you all want to do for fun.

Mike said...

Oh, and we just got the box springs down the stairs...Mike had to disasemble it and it messed up the walls. So now that it is there, it's staying there!

Pitcher Family said...

Would love to see your list! We will need to plan... as soon as everyone lets us know their dates!!