Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween at the Crowl's




This past week we had four Halloween parties. We had the church Trunk or Treat on Wednesday night. A family party on Friday night. An Adult's only party on Saturday night. And a party on Sunday afternoon that we didn't go to.
The trunk or treat started with a pot luck soup, chili, or bread . The kids wore their costumes, Austin was Spiderman, Layla a dog, and Ryan was Batman. For some reason we don't have any pictures of Ryan in his costume. I will be sure to get some tomorrow. I wore a black sweater and jeans along with cat ears and a tail. I drew eyeliner whiskers on my cheeks. All of the Primary were fascinated that I was "dressed up."
Our party Friday night was fun. They had a donut eating contest where they hung donuts at nose level and you had to eat them without using your hands. Jason played, but didn't win. I know that if I had played I would have won because of my Richards genes. They had a mad scientist who let the kids feel intestines and brains. He built a monster that came alive and sprayed silly string all over the kids. Austin freaked out and was scared half to death!
Saturday night mom and dad came over and sat with the kids so Jason and I could go to the adult's only party. Mom and dad had an interesting experience with our kids who would not go to sleep. They did get a chance to sneak outside and soak in the hot tub for a while. (Any and all of you are welcome to come and do the same.) The party was interesting, to say the least, and I was grateful when it was time to leave. It was a BYOB party.

5 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

You all look great!

Mike and Adrianne said...

jess, you're face is so skinny! You look like you did in high school.

Mike and Adrianne said...

oh, that last one was me, Mike

Jess and Jason said...

Thanks, that is what I need to hear because lately I want to eat everything in site!!

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

Laura said that if you had entered the donut eating contest, surely, you'd have won. Those Richards genes again.