Monday, April 28, 2008

MUTE!!

Today as the kids were asking question after question and not listening to the answers, I started to think how nice it would be to have a mute button on every child. Then I though of how smart my family is. Surely one of you could come up with a mute button. I'm not talking about putting duct tape on their mouths, that would be cruel and they could still make noise. Anyway, if anyone figures this out, it would make you millions. In the mean time, I guess I'll just keep answering their questions.

4 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

Just put a shock collar on them and zap them when they are annoying. It won't take long for them to stop making noise.

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

What Mike suggests is called negative operant conditioning, and is usually effective on animals that learn well, like dogs, monkeys and rats. You could also try positive operant conditioning by giving them a cupcake when ever they are quiet. Good luck conditioning your children, and then let me know what's most effective.

Pitcher Family said...

Shocking sounds awfully mean! Cupcakes sounds good, but that would require work to make them and then pounds, to help eat them. I'll keep thinking on this and let you know if I find anything that works. What about a recorded message that says:
I don't know.
Ask your dad.
Go look it up.
Sure.
No sir!
OK.

Jess and Jason said...

I don't think shocking sounds so mean. It wouldn't have to be a big shock, or even a painful shock. Just a little one...