Friday, April 04, 2008

Time/Money Saver

As I was cleaning up after lunch a fabulous time saving idea came to me. Instead throwing out the food after I have prepared it and served it my family, who refuse to eat it frequently, I could just throw it out before I prepare it. For example instead of making a yummy chicken and sauce dish that you serve over pasta with a nice salad, I could just throw half of those ingredients away and not bother cooking it. I could dump half each cereal box and gallon of milk down the drain before I put it on the table. Think of the time cooking and cleaning that would be saved, but wait.
It then occurred to me that I could just go straight from the store to the dumpster and throw out half the bags of food that I buy. However that sounds rather ridiculous. Smarter would be to only buy the fruit snacks, cookies, candy and juice and forget the rest. If I gave only those foods to the kids, I wouldn't have to do dishes, you don't need plates for fruit snacks. Mike and I could order in or go out with all the money we saved. I would never have to do dishes again, although Mike does like his cereal in the morning, but still way less dishes!!
What a great way to save time and money, no more grocery shopping, no more dishes and no more cooking.
Somehow the kids would find a way to complain about even this, I am sure!!

4 comments:

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

What you really need to do is move to Washington. Then, every night I could come by and eat all of your left overs. Don't worry about the soggy cereal. I eat that too. Then, you could feel good knowing that your hard cooked food wasn't going to waste and I would only have to buy food for Laura and Nick. For some reason she has problems eating food other people have decided is garbage.

Jess and Jason said...

You are all hilarious! Mandy, you are brilliant! I will never go to the grocery store again.

Andy, if you came here you would be eating most of your meals on the floor, as that is where the large majority of our meals wind up!

Mike and Adrianne said...

Mandy, not only would you save time and money that way, but eventually, your children would stop growing and you wouldn't have to buy them new clothes!

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

Don't worry Jess. I eat plenty of food off the ground too. Laura gets upset when I do it in front of Nick. As if he didn't do it already anyway.