Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Following Christ

I paused my reading of The Infinite Atonement to read this second book by Stephen E. Robinson, Following Christ. I enjoyed this book as well, though there wasn't anything that I was uncertain of like with his first book. I think he's done a good job of discussing our obligations as members of the covenant people. He discusses the nature of the covenant and then points out that he doesn't need to provide a list of rules we must follow to remain in the covenant, but instead reiterates that all that we must do is contained in the concept of love. As we truly learn to love God and other people, we will keep all the commandments/rules. It was a good book.

1 comment:

Richards in Seattle said...

I started reading the first book and have enjoyed it so far. If I make it through the first one, is the second one worth reading?
Ralph