Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Miracle of Forgiveness

I decided that my next few books would be more doctrinal and less historical. I recently finished "The Miracle of Forgiveness" by Spencer W. Kimball. I really enjoyed it. While I was working with Aaron Bishop at his printing shop, we listened to this one on tape a few times (along with some stuff by Truman Madsen and Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage). As I was reading through it, however, I didn't recognize much. It seemed mostly new to me. I did remembered the story about him "cussing the cattle" and how he was sure no one could hear him. He told how he was surprised to find that we will have to give an accounting of every idle word--his response was why would I have to do that when no one else was around? Reading the book did make me wonder about the things that I do that I shouldn't that I don't know yet that I shouldn't. There are still plenty of things that I do when I know I shouldn't and even more that I should and yet I still don't--so maybe I'll hold off on finding out about the other things.

Have any of you read it before? What did you think? Anyone reading anything interesting now? I just started Stephen E. Robinsons, "Believing Christ." It's interesting and I'll post and share some stuff from it when I'm done.

2 comments:

Pitcher Family said...

Good job Mike!! If you find out stuff we should or shouldn't be doing, let know... I have such a hard time reading things that are nonfiction that I just don't. I've tried a few times, and should probably try again.

Richards in Seattle said...

It's been awhile since I read this one, but it is a good book. Maybe I'll dig it out and read it again. I start many books but don't usually finish them.
Ralph