Thursday, August 05, 2010

A New Family Reunion Planning Post

I found out just a couple of weeks ago that The Church has recreation properties with lodges and such. See my blog for my personal experiences. Here's a link to the church website about the specific one I visited. You should click on the links to the left of the screen to see the activities and pictures.

http://bigo.byu.edu:8085/MRP-NANW/Camps.jsp?menuSelect=about&campSelect=4

Prices are $10 per person per night to stay in the lodge, or $10 per vihicle per night to camp out. I think we should have adults stay in the lodge, and send all the kids to camp out :)

I looked at all the other properties, and the one I went to seems to have the most/coolest activities listed. I'm excited to see what you all think about this.

UPDATE
I just read about the lodge accomodations. It has 5 four people rooms, and 1 two people room, which is just one person short than our 27(unless someone else joins the family before than). I don't think that should be a big deal. If we can't convince them to let us squeez in, we could send a few people to sleep in a cabin. Or I might just decide that I'd rather save $30 a night and camp out, then come and shower in YOUR lodge :). It also has a "commercial" kitchen with a "collosal" mixer.

4 comments:

Pitcher Family said...

Looks very fun! I couldn't find any info on the lodge though.

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

You need to click on "campgrounds", then click on which ever kind of lodge, cabin or camp site you fancy to see what it has to offer.

Richards in Seattle said...

Steven and I have been to a couple of father son campouts here and Rebecca has been for girls camp several times. It is a nice place. I would imagine that reservations fill up fast at any of the places we would like to stay and should probably try and make some decisions soon. As for me, we will follow the crowd wherever you want if we are able to.
Ralph

Pitcher Family said...

Thanks Andy, I checked out the lodge, too. I think this is a great option! I agree that we can all squeeze into the lodge. We need to decide soon and get some reservations. I think this or the other place on the coast would be great. As far as I can tell, this would be cheaper, can someone verify that for me??
Jess and I have both been there for girls camp, it's a nice place.
Let's decide if we want to go here and then pick some dates and start making some calls.
Mom and Dad, Mike and Adrianne, Jess and Jason do you have any opinions??? Actually, I spoke with Jess, she is good with this.