Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Something to Amuse...

So yesterday I told Mikayla that I would be coming in to her school this morning to do the morning reading.
Mikayla: Did they ask you to come in... or what?
Mandy: Yes, they did.
Mikayla: Did someone call and say "Will you read at school?"
Mandy: Yes, that is what happened.
Mikayla: OK... but can you wear something nice, because some of the moms come in and they are not wearing nice clothes. You should wear something nice, Mom.
Mandy: What were those moms wearing? Bad clothes?
Mikayla: Yeah, like striped clothes that were not nice.
Mandy: You mean striped like the shirt I am wearing right now?
Mikayla: Yeah, and the teachers like the moms to wear nice clothes.
Mandy: Well, maybe you can help me pick something.
Mikayla: Oh, like maybe the one with snowflakes on it. One day a mom wore snowflakes on her shirt to school and that looked so nice.
Mandy: OK.

It continues, this morning when I got out of the shower, Mikayla was waiting in my room.
Mikayla: Mom, remember I came to help you get dressed in somehting nice for school. Can you get out your winter things?
Mandy: Ok, here are my sweaters.
Mikayla: OH, this one with snowflakes, that is the one I was talking about. Wear this one. Oh, and we should smell nice too. How can we do that?.... Oh, you just took a shower so you smell nice already, what about me. Sometimes when I am getting dressed I take off my jammies and dance around and smell my hands and OH, they smell so good! We both already smell nice!

What a funny little girl. Anyway, we went to the school did the morning reading and all went well. I was just amazed that she is already so concerned about how her mom looks. Am I so frumpy, out of style and smell bad?? How awful I must be! I guess I thought I was doing ok, good thing she came in to help me get dressed, who knows what I might have picked on my own?!?!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

This made me laugh and laugh. So far when I volunteer in Sarah's class she hasn't been concerned but I guess that will all change.

Mike and Adrianne said...

Oh my gosh! What a funny little girl. I worry about the day that happens to me. It is sad that kids learn to be so concerned about appearances so early huh?

Jess and Jason said...

I am laughing and laughing and laughing! That is hilarious! I guess maybe you are frumpy and smell bad. Thank goodness she helped you get dressed.