Sunday, November 05, 2006

Unplanned Saturday Morning


Today we have a lot going on, like most weekends. Jason is supposed to be working with his dad to build electric fireplaces, one for their house, and one for ours. They are supposed to get started bright and early. And Patti warned that it would take all day. I have a birthday party at 10-12 for Austin, Layla wasn't invited, but I asked the mom and she said it would be fine if Layla came. At 2:30-4:30 I am supposed to be at an open house for Avon. I have a friend who sells it and told her I would be there. Also Jason is teaching Elders Quorum tomorrow and needs to prepare his lesson.
This morning I got up and showered hoping that I would be able to get away for a few minutes to check the Target clearance. I am anxious to get some costumes 75% off. When I went outside I noticed that there was this weird black shiny stuff all over the driveway. I walked back to look at it more closely and that is when I saw that the back drivers side window was shattered. Jason thinks that someone shot it with a b b gun or something.
So now, instead of running to Target, I am sitting home with the kids while Jason goes to the junk yard to see if we can get another window. Meanwhile it is freezing here, last night's low was 29, so I need to have the window in place before I can go anywhere. How long until the party starts?

4 comments:

Pitcher Family said...

How awful!!! That is so sad. I'm sorry that happened to you!! At least it was a Saturday. Some big jerks should get arrested for that!!

Mike and Adrianne said...

That's terrible! I hope it gets fixed soon so you can go shopping.

Richards in Seattle said...

What a bummer! The same thing happened to the back of my truck canopy about 9 months ago. Fortunately I don't need that window to use my truck. I still haven't replaced the window. I hope it was easy to fix.

Jess and Jason said...

It was really easy for Jason. He went to the junk yard and got a replacement. He had it in the car within 10minutes. But I was still late to the party and didn't get to go to Target!