Thursday, November 15, 2007

Wanted: Your thoughts

I am just curious about some things and thought it might get some discussion on the blog:
1. Real Christmas tree or fake, and why??
* We are going to have to buy our first tree this year, as we will not be going anywhere, and will have to do our own Christmas.
2. What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving? Will you have turkey or ham?
*We are going to our in laws and will eat turkey.
3. Does Santa wrap your presents or not?
*Santa wraps our presents, as we each only get one or two things from Santa, and that would look silly to have just one thing unwrapped. I remember that we used to get piles of things from Santa, but he doesn't seem to deliver as much to our house, I wonder why??
4. Who is going shopping on black Friday?
* I didn't realize that real people have to work on that day!! Mike has to work!! I will still probably make it to Target and Walmart with the help of my in laws.
Let me know your thoughts, I'm just looking for some blog action!

2 comments:

Mike and Adrianne said...

1. Both. Fake until we have a bigger house, more money, and older kids. I think all kids should get to experience a real tree. I love the smells and getting to pick it out. We had a real tree my whole life until I was about 15 and then we had a fake tree. Mike and I own a fake one right now. It is just easier. I always think it would be cool to have one real tree and one fake tree and then one of them you can decorate (probably the fake one) all nice and pretty and the other one the kids can put all the cute, but tacky decorations they make. That tree has to have colored lights.

2. For Thanksgiving we are staying here and having our own meal. Our friend's husband is deployed so we will ask her if she wants to come over. We will eat Turkey.

3. Eventually Santa will leave his gifts unwrapped. Right now we are like you and none of us get enough gifts to leave them unwrapped. But, I think it's a great tradition your family has so eventually we will do it too.

4. Never!! I don't like to shop in the first place let alone shop on Black Friday. There is nothing that I want enough to make me do that.

Jess and Jason said...

1.We have two trees, up until last year we had one real and one fake. Then last year we looked at it economically. It costs over $50 per year to buy a real tree (they are very expensive around here). We bought our fake one for just over $100, so in two years we have paid for it and are saving that money every year. We did like going and picking the tree out and cutting it down, so once the kids are older we will probably do that again at least once.
We love having two trees. We put one in our front window so all the neighbors can see it and one in our family room where we have Christmas. It is also nice because we put our presents under one tree and the ones we are giving under another tree.

2.We are going to Mom and Dad's. I have never made a turkey and am not going to start this year.

3.Santa does not wrap our presents. He must know how much I love the look on the kids faces when they come down and see their presents sitting out. Santa only brings our family one present each, but it is still fun to have it sitting out so the kids can come down and play right away without having to open anything.

4.I would LOVE to shop on black Friday morning, but I am one of those people who will be working. I am actually working the night of Thanksgiving. So I will go to work at 7pm on Thanksgiving and then will come home Friday morning between 8-9am. Then I will die in my bed and not do anything for multiple hours!!