Thursday, January 03, 2008

Family Reunion Part 2

Sorry, I got tired of commenting so many times. I think that we need to make a real decision and then move forward. Of course we all know that things can change, and also that Andy and Laura haven't seen any of this, they come home around the 10th.

And we have had no official comment from mom and dad...

To answer some of Mike's questions:
Yes, we really could house everyone. Not lavishly, but not uncomfortably. We each have two full bathrooms and both can have a third built in the basements by this summer. We have two fold out couches, plus will have a bedroom finished in the basement this week. We could easily come up with an empty bedroom upstairs as well, possibly two. Mom and Dad have at least one sofa bed, plus three empty bedrooms. The hardest thing will be deciding who has to stay at my house. I think that I will even want to stay at mom and dad's so I can be around all the action.

I am pretty sure that we could cover car seats as well. Between the ones that we have and ones that we can borrow from friends. I have an infant one and I don't use and a five-point harness. Mom has a booster and a five-point harness. And I have a lot of friends that I can ask.

Anyway, I say let's do it this summer. What say ye?

5 comments:

Andy Laura Nick and Noah said...

Hi every one! I just jumped into a cyber cafe to check on everything, and found that you´re all planning a family reunion with out us! I´ve read everything, and with out any discussion with Laura, it all seems fine to me. We are teetering on the edge of mabey having another baby soon, so too late in the summer wouldn´t be a good idea for us. Other than that, I´ve got plenty of leave built up. Oh, also, Laura´s sister might come to visit us this summer. Would it bother any one if she tags along? She wanted to meet Mom and Dad any way. Especialy their basement food storage that Laura told her about:)
By the way, I´m not sure íf I´ll get back on line before we get back to WA so you might not here from us again untill the 10th. Everything´s gone well so far. Laura and Nick send their love and we have lots of pictures to post when we get back.

Mike and Adrianne said...

We are undecided. I'd like to know dates that you are all thinking.

Pitcher Family said...

My family is open to any time. I am thinking 4 days to do activities and be together, travel days not included. Ralph, your job and your kids schedules with camps and sports are probably less flexible. What works for you?
I am thinking mid June or mid July, that would let Ralph be home for 4th of July.
Give me a date!!

Jess and Jason said...

We are totally open. If there is a time when Mike and Adrianne's family would be able to come we vote for that time.

Mike and Adrianne said...

There isn't a specific time when we would be sure to be able to come. Right now we have to keep our answer as: we'll have to wait and see. If the new baby comes and is great, we'll be sure to be there. If the new baby comes, and is not great, Mike might come by himself for a few days.

The later we can have it, the older the new baby will be, and the more likely we are to come.